14 Aug 5 Simple Ways to Make Rentals Feel Homey
- Advertisiment -
There are many reasons why you may choose to rent instead of buy a home. YOLO!
Whether you are renting for a short term before you purchase a place of your own, or you have decided to make renting your long-term option, there is no reason why your rental house, condominium or apartment should not feel like home.
Here are five simple ways you can perk up any rental unit and give it that inviting, homey feel that everyone desires:
- Wall Decals – You may not be able to paint or hang wallpaper in a rental. However, with the wall decals available today, that does not mean you are stuck with boring, plain walls. The decals of today are much better looking than in years before. Plus, you can quickly remove them from the wall when you leave – so there is no worry of losing your security deposit!
- Curtains – Curtains immediately make your home look homey. Also, they can help give you privacy and block out the hot rays of the daytime sun. If your rental does not have curtain rods, look at some of the brackets available today – they are easier to put up and take down than ever before.
- More Rugs – Plain carpets or hardwood floors are not that inviting. Rugs are a great way to add color and a whole other dimension to any room. Today you can find beautiful rugs even in stores like Target or Kohl’s – there is no need to go to a specialty shop.
- Add Lighting – In many cases, the lighting in rental units is not sufficient. Consider table or floor lamps to give your space a little more light. Add an attractive lampshade and you can bring the décorof the whole room together.
- Rearrange Furniture – If you are working with a pre-furnished unit, it can be tempting to go with the current floor plan. Don’t be afraid to shift things around a little bit to fit your needs a bit better. You will be amazed at how big of a difference it can make.
As you can see, just because you are renting does not mean that you are stuck with a boring place that doesn’t feel like it belongs to you.